23 March 2015

Early Spring Ride: Waking Again, For The First Time

So good to be riding just for fun again.  



Yesterday I took one of my seashore rambles that have been so much a part of my cycling life.  You know something's a part of you when you've been away from it for a while and, when you go back, it's like reconnecting with an old friend:  It's familiar and new at the same time.




The beaches and boardwalks are all imprinted in my mind.  And the bracing wind that pushed at me, whipped me sideways and, finally, took me home felt as if it had always traveled with me, in my skin and on it, yet was as bracing and chilly as the air itself feels to someone who's coming out from layers of stilled dreams, of time itself.  





And there is the light I have always seen again for the first time.



I wish all of my fatigue were that of the kind I experienced while riding yesterday:  of waking again for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. I too have gotten back into riding for joy - for similar but opposite reasons. Our summers can be hideous for riding, I'm enjoying our early autumnal temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accordion--That makes me think of Florida, where my parents live. Summers there are sometimes unbearably hot and humid. Spring and autumn are much better times for riding.

    ReplyDelete